WHAT ARE SINGLES GATHERINGS?
Singles Gatherings are environments where single adults come to build authentic friendships and get connected. Singles Gatherings consist of about 30-40 people who meet on Sunday nights at 6:30 p.m. for six consecutive weeks. During a Singles Gathering, connection is the focus.
The first 30 minutes revolve around connection and include light snacks and conversation. The next portion of the night involves more structured interaction. Each night’s programming is different, with possible use of a DVD clip, trivia game, service opportunity, etc. We also break the Gatherings into smaller groups of six to eight people for more conversation around the topic at hand guided by discussion questions. This creates the feel of a small group and, hopefully, encourages people to have deeper conversations as well as create stronger connections.
WHEN AND WHERE DO THEY HAPPEN?
Singles Gatherings take place in the spring and fall. During each cycle, Gatherings meet for six consecutive weeks in homes around the Atlanta area. Many of the Gatherings also plan optional social events throughout the cycle. The Gatherings meet on Sunday evenings for about two hours and are led by a team of volunteers.
UPCOMING GATHERING DATES:
October/November (official dates coming soon)
JOIN A GATHERING
Registration for Singles Gatherings is currently closed. Fall registration will open in September.
Leading a Singles Gathering
Two individuals and a team of volunteers lead each Singles Gathering. These leaders are interviewed, equipped, and overseen by the Singles Gatherings Director. Interested? Begin the application process.
- You are in a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You have Community Group experience.
- You are an official member of a North Point Ministries church.
- You have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a gathering.
- You are legally single.
- Facilitate gatherings, provide vision, monitor the health of the Gathering, and promote participation among the gathering’s members.
- Attend Singles Gathering leadership training.
- Meet with your campus Singles Gatherings Director once over the course of the Singles Gathering cycle.
- Identify and develop potential leaders.
- Attend four of the five Gatherings during the Singles Gathering cycle.
If you have additional questions about Singles Gatherings, please email email@example.com.